Buying a swing for baby is more than a desire, really. It is a need. If you have a newborn, you know that they long to be held. Most of the time, a big part of why they are constantly begging for your arms is because they enjoy the motion and soft sounds that you provide. But, a swing can give them this same sensation without your arms going numb, or your mind going off of the rails. Babies are challenging. Anything that makes the parent’s life easier is always worth the money. In this article, Let’s me walk you through Graco Simple Sway Baby Swing Detail Review.
This swing is not only attractive and works well, but it is also inexpensive in comparison to many of the others on the market. This could mean that the quality has been sacrificed. But, in this case, it does not seem that Graco has cut corners.
Basic Information about the Graco Simple Baby Swing
- It has small frame design that fits into any room of your home. It is easy to move around the house and even take to Grandma’s.
- Plug-in option. This is a really cool feature as those batteries can get expensive. But, you can also use batteries if you take the swing into an area that does not have outlets. Best of both worlds!
- Gentle, side-to-side motion. It is slow, and it may even seem too slow to you, at first. But, the gentle rock soothes and comforts baby just fine.
- The swing is equipped with a 2-speed vibration. This is another way to soothe the baby if the motion is not enough.
- The seat has a removable head support so that you can keep your sweetie pie upright and prevent their neck from getting stiff.
- The plush, soft, luxurious fabric creates a warm, cozy environment for your little one.
- 10 melodies to rock your baby right to sleep. Or, at least help them to relax.
- A mobile with 3 soft toys.
- A secure, safe and snug 5 point harness is installed into the deep seat so that your baby is safe and sound.
Pros of Graco Simple Sway Baby Swing
- This swing is pretty great for the money and if you have done much shopping around for baby products, you know that good deals can be very hard to find. But, this is an exception. It works well, looks nice and comes at a price that won’t break the bank.
- 10 melodies give you a great selection of soothing songs for your baby.
- The mobile with soft, plush toys creates opportunity for hand eye coordination development as well allowing the baby to practice focus its eyes.
- The plug in option is a huge asset for parents who take their swing with them from place to place.
- The portability and simplicity o this model means that it can be packed up and brought on trips. It can also be taken all over your house. Cook dinner with them swinging and watching in the kitchen and then do laundry as they sway gently by the washing machine. It’s a real “go anywhere” baby product.
Cons of Graco Simple Sway Baby Swing
- The mobile does not move on its own. Your baby can reach for the toys and you can shake them so that they baby is enticed by them. But, there is no mechanism by which they move on their own. This is a small factor but for some people it matters. If your baby loves the moving mobiles, then this may not be the swing for your family.
- When using the battery option, it may die within a few hours of constant use. But, this is easily rectified by using the electrical plug option as often as possible.
- Some consumers complain that it may be a bit slow, but the simplest way to fix that is to give it a little boost with your hand or knee and it will get going.
How To Assemble Graco Simple Sway Swing
FAQs about Graco Simple Sway Baby Swing
- Is it easy to set up? Are there a ton of parts?
Very simple construction and lightweight pieces make this a snap to put together. But, do try and get it done before baby comes as you will not want any extra chores.
- Will my baby be secure in it? Could they fall out?
Yes. The deep seat and the five point harness will keep baby safe as can be.
- Are the sounds and music loud or disruptive?
Some consumers do not like the sounds and music that this swing plays. But, in general, they are not particularly loud or irritating to adult ears.
- Is it really easy to move from place to place?
Yes. It folds up like a tripod and is lightweight. It fits through doorways, and into trunks, with ease.
- How early can I put my baby in this swing?
You can put your baby in their swing from the day that they come home. Tiny babies may require blankets around their heads or a little extra support until they grow into it a bit. But, if you have a large newborn you may not need to worry about.
- What do I do if I am not near an electrical outlet?
Use the batteries!
- Can my swing go outside?
It can, as long as the weather is appropriate. The dual power sources – battery and electrical – make it very versatile. Plus, it is super portable.
- Can the baby sleep in it overnight?
This is not recommended. Parents sometimes allow short naps in the swing and those are generally considered OK by doctors. But, at night, an infant should always go to bed in a crib in order to prevent SIDS and keep their neck and back healthy.
- When will my baby grow out of it?
It will become clear when your baby is too big for the swing. For one thing, as the infant matures and gets muscle strength, etc. it will become more and more active and may like the swing once in a while, but enjoy a seat or quilt on the floor more. Your baby will probably use the swing up until about 10 months. As the baby gets heavier, you may have to give the swing an even bigger nudge to get it started, by the way.
The Graco Simple Sway Baby Swing is great. It is a great price, looks good and works pretty darn well. The neutral colors are nice because it won’t make your living room look tacky. The portability of the swing is perhaps its greatest asset. Folding down easily, it can go just about anywhere. The mobile does not move, which is perhaps a problem for some parents and kids, but most people will find that the mobile will do just fine. If you want a more elaborate mobile for your baby, you can get one for their crib.
So, if you are looking for a good deal, without tons of extra bells and whistles, that will work and do its job, then Graco Simple Sway Baby Swing just might be the one for you. And, when you finally get to put your baby down to sway in their swing and you can sit on the couch with your coffee, you will be forever grateful for the investment.