If you are a new parent trying to wade through the piles of products in baby stores these days, or an experienced mom who is just trying to buy what she needs efficiently for # 2, 3, or 4 – you have come to the right place. The truth is that there is a dizzying array of options for baby products, clothes, seats, high chairs and, of course, swings…
But, the truth is, you do not need every single thing that you will be told to by. You can probably live without the designer baby bag or the high chair with 47 different settings, but you need a swing. You need a swing that is suitable for lots of use and you need a swing that you can count on. Why? Because when babies are born they want to be held and swayed and rocked non-stop and will not stop crying and screaming until you oblige. But, you have heard that, already right?
You will think I am kidding with the next thing that I say but I am not kidding at all. This is not an exaggeration: A swing may be the only thing that keeps you sane during this time. But, which to choose? Well, let’s talk about one of the best ones on the market from a great brand that has been in the biz for a long time:
Basic Information about the Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker
- Essentially 2 products in 1: Removable infant swing seat doubles as a rocker. Allows you and your infant more freedom and reduces stress.
- 3 seating positions for variety and comfort.
- Infant can sway side-to-side or head to toe. Another way to customize the baby’s experience.
- Rocker carry-handle allows you to keep baby by your side and content. Use your foot to rock them as you eat a meal, for example.
- Option to plug-in or use batteries gives you freedom to move about the house or even outdoors for a bit.
- Vibration with two speed settings keeps baby relaxed and is another awesome feature to customize their experience.
Pros of the Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker
- This cleverly designed little swing features a seat that doubles as a rocker. This gives you the flexibility to move around the residence while caring for baby. This design is the ultimate in innovation.
- When the swing is in swing mode, 3 seating positions are available. This product also gives the baby the option to sway whichever direction he or she likes best. This is different with each baby and may just be different with same baby on a different day. Kids are always excited by small changes in their environment.
- The electrical plug allows for you to save on those super expensive batteries. They can get pricey!
- The vibration option allows for the baby to have an added layer of comfort if they so choose. Again, this swing is all about the baby’s preference.
- It’s like having two products in one. It really is. And, having products with dual purposes saves money, time and space in your home. If your child, or children, has not already taken over your home with their 50 billion other toys and games and blankets and mats and stuffed animals and whatever else.
- The swing features 10 melodies & 5 nature sounds. That’s a lot of variety depending on the baby’s preferences, once again!
Graco – How to Assemble Duet Soothe Swing & Rocker
Cons of the Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker
- It’s a tad heavy and when my child is in the rocker, it can be more than a little heavy. It is too heavy for to pick up regularly and better if you can find a stationary spot for it.
- The base is very wide which means that it takes up a pretty large footprint in your house. So, this may not be the best choice for apartment living. But, aside from it being a bit big, it is very attractive and not noisy, like some other rockers or swings.
FAQs about the Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker
- Is it painless to assemble?
Very straightforward assembly and lightweight parts make this. But, make sure and get it put together before your little one comes as you will not want any extra odd jobs.
- Will my baby be secure in it? Could they fall out?
Yes. The deep seat and the five point harness will keep baby protected as they can possibly be… outside of your arms, of course.
- Is it really easy to move from place to place?
Yes. It folds up like a tripod and is lightweight. It fits through doorways, and into trunks, with ease.
- How early can I put my baby in this swing?
You can put your baby in their swing from the day that they come home. Tiny babies may require blankets around their heads or a little extra support until they grow into it a bit. But, if you have a large newborn you may not need to worry about.
- Can I bring it outdoors?
If the climate is suitable, then absolutely. The dual battery and electrical power options make it very multipurpose. You will find that things being multipurpose will be indispensable to you as a mom.
- Can the baby sleep in it overnight?
No. Not really. Parents, it is OK to sometimes allow short naps in the swing. But, at night, an infant should always go to bed in a crib in order to avoid SIDS and keep their neck and back in good shape.
- When will my baby grow out of it?
Each day, your infant matures and gets muscle strength, etc. and your little one will become more and more “on the go” and may like the swing once in a while, but prefer a seat or blanket on the floor. Your child will most likely utilize the swing up until they are about 10 months old.
- Can you remove the carrying handle?
Yes. All parts of the swing are simple snap in pieces that easily come together and pull apart.
- How long does the swing go for before it turns off on its own?
It does not! Woo hoo! But, the songs only give you an hour before the beast awakens. Just kidding. Your baby is the light of your life, of course, but precious sleep is like gold right now. So, the fact that this product won’t turn off randomly and possibly awaken your baby is absolutely lifesaving!
The Final Verdict on the Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker
This is a great product with a lot awesome features and amazing innovative design elements. But, it is a bit heavy and perhaps a bit big but that is not an issue for everyone. If you have a large home, then that is not your first concern. But, if you are living in an NYC apartment, then you definitely want to keep that fact in mind. But, it is a good quality product that is made by a well-respected baby brand. So, it’s definitely worth checking out if you are in the market.