When it is time to start thinking about products for your baby, a swing or seat of some kind is a necessity. But, which kind to choose can prove to be a challenging question. There are so many on the market these days. Some are small, some are big, some are colorful and some are neutral. Some sway, some vibrate and some do both, and then you have the 4moms MamaRoo Baby Swing.
This product is completely different from baby swings of the past. Rather than rocking and swinging the baby only, it has 5 settings that will create a different sensation for your baby. There is a car ride setting, for example, that simulates one of baby’s favorite things – a soothing ride in the family vehicle. It is certainly more expensive than most of the old fashioned swings, but it might be just the lifesaver that you need when the baby is screaming and just can’t be put down.
If you want to learn more about this product and decide if it might be the seat for you then read on. This article will tell you everything that you need to know before you start your baby registry.
Basic Information about the 4moms MamaRoo Baby Swing
- 5 unique motions – car ride, kangaroo, tree swing, rock a bye, wave & Four built-in sounds
- Bluetooth enabled so that you can control motion and sound remotely
- Adjustable seat recline so baby can sit whichever way they, or you, like
- Easy to remove soft, plush seat fabric that is machine washable
- Toy mobile – reversible and removable toys
- MP3 compatible so you can play whatever your little one likes
- Three-point harness for safety
- Use up to 25 lb. or until the infant can sit unaided
- AC adapter
- Dimensions: 19.5″L x 33″W x 25.5″H
Pros of 4moms MamaRoo Baby Swing
- Unique design that makes the seat seem like a parent. The company slogan is “It moves like you do.” – That is true!
- Sleek, modern design that will look great in your home.
- Easy to clean fabric that can be removed in a snap. We all know that seat won’t be staying clean for long.
- Can be controlled remotely via Bluetooth.
- Its settings are created specifically for the infant’s needs and the seat creates an environment that replicates the womb.
- It can sit just about anywhere and takes up less room than a traditional swing.
- The MP3 function means that you can choose to play whatever music you and your baby would like. This is a huge pro for people who hate the music that most baby toys play.
- The toy mobile is cute and practical. The pieces can be removed so that the baby can play with them.
Cons of 4moms MamaRoo Baby Swing
- One of the biggest deterrents is probably that this seat is quite expensive. When it works, it is amazing. However, some babies love this swing and others prefer the more traditional style. It is totally a matter of baby’s personal preferences, temperament, etc.
- The mobile does not move. But, the toys are reversible and removable.
- Some consumers complain that the speakers and audio are not up to par with what they like.
- The unit starts and stops a bit abruptly making it difficult to get a sleeping baby in or out with waking it. That’s something that every mom can relate to.
4moms MamaRoo Baby Swing Unboxing
FAQs about 4moms MamaRoo Baby Swing
- How is it different from the traditional baby swings?
It does have a setting that feels like a swing, but it also has other functions that create sensations similar to being in mama’s tummy or daddy’s arms. It is a modern twist on an old classic. It is designed to be an all in one soothing center for your little one with sounds, mobile toys, different motions and a soft cushy deep seat area that will keep them snug.
- Why does it look so modern?
Because it is a different type of seat, it is designed differently and the design resembles an egg to a degree. It may remind you of some of your favorite sci-fi movies as a kid. It also has a lot more buttons than your average swing but those control the music and other functions and allow for remote control. So, it makes sense. The different designs on the seat fabric are a way to make this seat look a bit more traditional, or a bit less sleek if you are looking for more of a youthful look.
- How old will my baby be before he or she will outgrow it?
Realistically, your baby will be in this for about 6 to 7 months. Once they can sit up unaided, they will probably fuss a bit when they get put in it. They will no longer want to be confined. Plus, they will be past the age where they demand to be held constantly. So, they’ll enjoy kicking their legs on the floor under an arch toy or using a jumper.
- How soon can I put my baby in this seat?
You can put your baby in this seat from day one out of the hospital. Some hospitals even have these in their nurseries and NICUs.
- Is it portable?
Yes. It can be carried around and set wherever you are. But, it is not super lightweight. It is also a bit clunky. So, you’ll want to move it minimally just because it can be a bit of a pain. But, it is certainly less cumbersome than a large swing with legs, etc.
- Does it take up a lot of room?
No. It saves space over the traditional swings with tripod designs that create a large footprint in your home and take up a bunch of square footage. A lot of people put these seats on their counters, as well.
4moms mamaRoo Baby Swing is a product that mothers all over the country absolutely swear by. It is a new spin on an old classic baby product and the detail and thought that went into the design, the features, the functions and the look of the seat are really great. It will look great in most people’s houses because, let’s face it, a lot of baby toys make your house look like a fun house at the carnival. And, though we love our babies, we do not always want them to be the decorators of our homes. So, it is a piece that you will not hate and it will not stick out as an eyesore amongst the rest of your décor.
There are definitely some considerations to make when thinking about purchasing this swing, however. It’s a great seat but it is not cheap and there is no guarantee that your kiddo will love it. For some babies, it is seriously the best thing ever invented. But, for others, it’s just not their cup of tea. So, it is an investment and it may not end up getting a lot of use. However, that is true of a lot of things you buy for baby. All kids are different and they will like or dislike all kinds of things based on their own specific personality so you will never be able to know for sure.